Monday 9 March 2015

Review: Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream

Annyeong people!!! I'm already out from Yogyakarta city and moved to smaller town called Wonosari (was it really a town? Dunno XD). First day here was quite mixed, much feelings grinded together and confused me. But hey, let's just enjoy our life!!

Today (well, actually I planned to post this on yesterday, but my internet connection wasn't behave nicely ) I wanted to share a product which I held the longest I could remember. During my college day, I never felt any importance to have any make up on. I went out with only moisturizer and lipbalm (which had no color!) coolly and spent time outside. Well it wasn't a sin actually, I had nothing to loss except I would face any problem if I attending some event where I need to put any make up unless I wanted to be alienated. Till my graduation I never had such situation, but then I dealt with "Prom Nite" event. Basically I never care much about my appearance and I prefer mix and match in my daily life so I had two problems: dress and make up. 

Shortly, having knew K-Pop for long (4 years at that time) I confidently tried BB Cream as my base make up instead of foundation. Fortunately Maybelline had already launched their own BB Cream, I checked them and it was very affordable!!! Around IDR38 at that time. I had no idea that I would review this before my Etude House Precious Cotton Fit BB Cream! Judging from my past experience I actually quite surprised myself that I ever used it again! Check this post to the end to find out why!


It's small!!! In the view point of beginner I felt it was kinda waste to have 18 ml of product for IDR38, but due to the urgent needs I still bought it. See the package?? I already could feel any "Korea" when I possesed this. Hahahahaha. From the package I think nothing to be fancy about. Even since on the college I loved to collect any images of Korean make up product (all of them was so irresistable!!!) so I could say at that time that this BB Cream had "ordinary" packaging. The color of the tube was green and "Clear Smooth" was written on top much bigger than the brand name itself. It had spf 26 (was it high enough to protect ur skin from sun light?). It claimed to: brighten, even, smoothen, refine, clear, conceal, moisturize and protect skin (oh wow! 8 in 1!!!)


The view back. Mine was manufactured on 2013 and will be expired on 2016 (1 year left >_<). Only two shades available for this BB Cream, Fresh and Natural, mine was of course our almighty the 02 Natural.


Comparing the size with my butterfly mirror from Oriflame. Did u notice a transparent plastic on the cover? It was the seal, as far as this seal wasn't broken, ur BB Cream's freshness guaranteed ^_^


Let's open the tube! Yeah it was dirt like a hell, but it wasn't fully my fault! This BB Cream had really liquid consistency that the cream would come out even before u squeeze it. I was very annoyed because of this, I was like "Aaaarrrggghhhhh my precious 18 ml for IDR38  BB Cream wasted out!!!!!!" I always tried to left the tube as clean as possible, but then after I opened it the cream was out happily again (no matter how soft u squeeze the tube if u stand it with the cover on the bottom, the cream would keep melt)


Yeah, just peek how the inside of the tube. I always failed successfully to wipe up all of those brownie cremie. After months trying, i gave up and just let the stubborn cream to play as much as they want.

I was alone on Sunday, after fought with my internet connection I planned to write something for my blog. I just watched one of Pony's video and really was eager to experiment with make up. Since my Precious Cotton Fit was kidnapped by my friend so I should be able to conduct my experiment with the last BB Cream I had (Clear Smooth, Garnier and Caring). I decided to pick the oldest, so Clear Smooth was chosen.


Now for the performance! Aaaawwwwwwww,,,,,,,,felt shame for my skin. No no, I had no complain about my face (truthfully speaking I maybe not that pretty but ugly definitely didn't suit me XP). That was my skin after I cleansed them. Dunno what happened to my skin, another acne kept coming after the old one started to heal. At this rate I would have problem to have clear skin ;(. The light was so bright that my face looked mush brighter than usual. He he he he


I thought I needed to 'conditioning' my face first before let it reunite with Clear Smooth. Hence I used my Etude House Face Conditioning Cream (I loved this cream more and more these days <3 <3) I got my skin smoothen and even the blemish covered (it was very sheer but I satisfied!)


Now, let the Clear Smooth showed off!!! The reason I never used this again was due to its oily effect soon after applied on the skin. I used ruby cell puff from The Face Shop and that 'wet' problem solved!! It didn't as oily as I usually had, plus look!!!! The coverage was quite great! My redness was hidden naturally!! It was also even out my skin tone! Daebak!!! Why didn't I notice it before???


The left cheek's blemish was perfectly concealed, but for the right one u could see the glimpse of it. But I didn't complain, that was the newest acne appeared 2 days ago >,< Though it wasn't as oily as I could remember before, I thought that powder was still needed. So I brushed off some of my Wardah Luminous Powder (only a little amount though, I wanted it to look as natural as possible)


 Final result after I completing with my Silky Girl Lipstick! I loved it so much that I even used this BB Cream again even after my Precious Cotton Fit had came back ><


 Overall

Loved:
1. Nice coverage!
2. Smooth and clear skin tone!!
3. Cheap!!! Hahahahahha......
4. Lasting quite good, 4-5 hours??

Doubted:
1. The scent: some said that it scented like baby powder, but for me it scented like a foundation (I sniffed one before)

Hated:
1. That tube that let the cream out, I used to place it upside down to prevent the cream jumped out
2. Tend to oily, but it didn't as oily as I remember before (my skill was upgraded???)

That's all! I felt like I found my lost daughter (Gasp! I didn't even married yet, how could I know the feel???) Hahahahahaha. I was really happy that I grabbed this one yesterday, if not maybe this BB Cream would end up on garbage due to expiration date. Did it help u?? No? Okay then ' 3 '

See ya!

XOXO
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment