Monday 7 July 2014

Today's MV: f(x) Red Light

       I must be really crazy. I will have test tomorrow, but what to do?? I kept delaying what I wanted to write these past days. And I really wanna post something. Usually, the willing to write would burst suddenly, when my internet wasn't active. So at the time I sat in front of my laptop, i kept forgetting what i wanted before ><.
      Here I am now. Thinking hard what was in my head before. And yeah, I wanted to share my opinion about f(x) new MV: red light. Trust me, ever since they released the MV I wanted to write badly, I have many thoughts about this MV.
       It was released on 03 july around 12 noon. I had waited Exciting, i tried to watch it first using my phone, which had limited connection. My first thought about this song was "O o,, another I got a Boy??" since it sounded like SM put more than 1 song in this. But, hey. No offensive. Since I really like the MV, and the song of course ^^.
Okay, let's check the MV first. For u who haven't watch it yet, here is the video
credit to: SMTOWN youtube channel
The MV was so amazing!! For the fans who expected bright colorful MV, maybe they had left their hope from the very first picture released beforehand. The teaser just proofed it. It looked like the dark would dominate the MV. According to SM ENt, 'Red Light' is an electronic house music with a strong energy and rhythm which will captivate fans with the group's new style of music and unique performance. I shall admit that. It really is captivating <3

Usually I only downloaded the subbed MV. But special for SMTOWN artists, I also downloaded the official ver. The video under is the subbed ver. It had hangul, english translation, and more important the romanization. So u can watch the MV and sing along with f(x). Hahahaha
For this MV, I had to wait a little bit more than usual. Dunno whether she waited for the album first or what, since the author also subbed the other songs in the album. Thanks God, she uploaded the video on 05 july. i had been so curious about the translation of red light since i read news told one of the music station had banned this song. at first I thought, omona, was the MV too sexy (it seemed so from the teaser picts) or what?. And then, darn, it because of the lyrics contained in the song. There was word "caterpilar", and it was also name of some brand (dunno what kind of product. Shoes?). Tsk tsk tsk. 
credit to: LoveKpopSubs15
Where did u find ur favorite subbed MV? I got mine from LoveKpopSubs channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/LoveKpopSubs15/videos). It was update and pretty fast!

Ok, now let's check some pictures from the MV. Alert! It will be overloaded with tons of pictures

Wohoo, it began with some cool burnt book held by Krystal, hey Soojung-ah, so u went blonde for this comeback, huh? Shouldn't be too shocked for her transformation. She had pulled bright red hair color before, although it wasn't too long.
This was mysterious cat appeared in the teaser. It had different eye color, left some scary yet great impression. is there any kind of cat in the world? If yes, maybe i will consider to have one (LOL, I'm afraid of cat, yes, u read it right. Afraid of cat.)
Yay for this! Sulli was so beautiful!!! She had her long hair back, but unlike previous MV, she looked mature here. So awesome!!! <3
Damn. Our Krystal wearing different lens, eh?? It Suited her so well. Hm, Amber also wore different lens before (in Rum Pum Pum Pum), but Krystal's color didn't really had significant different in color. Okay, the one was brown and the other was deep blue, but still, hers wasn't as clear as Amber's. Also, I thought most of u had noticed the half eye make up. Great idea f(x)
This scene added the mysterious feel of Red Light. Dark room, blonde girl with burnt book in her hand. Krystal looked like powerful witch here
I always loved this style. Kind of gothic with beautiful accessories. Sulli with no smile = fantastic combo!!
Sulli walked like a boss. Love her hat
Luna jjang!!! She looked super badass here. With short blue hair, she reminded me of2ne1's Minzy. Although I didn't really like her outfit here, basically I didn't awe cloth with much accessories in the shoulder
Luna was so fierce. This was the first time saw her like this.
As always, Vic looked fabolous.
Red haired Amber tried to breath for a moment
The broken bulb! Really curious with the meaning of this MV!!!!
What was on ur mind?
Red eye that opened widely, what happened???
The burst flower, it should have good explanation for all of these








Their shadow, guess who is in the center?



Wow, out of box. It was so refreshed. But, honestly I didn't mind 'box MV' at all, since SM knew how to edit and made great MV












 Did somebody notice that I put Sulli's picts the most? Well, what to do? She's my bias in f(x). In this MV Sulli is undoubtly beautiful!!


Dang! The burnt book was closed

Wooaahhhh!!! That was really much photos! I got tired putting comments for each, so I stopped. Actually I couldn't stand my stupid comments. Hahahahaha.

Still, I got really curious with this song's meaning. I tried to encode it myself, but my brain couldn't find any clues. Okay, let's ask our smart friend: internet.

I found some interesting explanation about this. U can check this:

So far, I like this story:
The phone symbolizes a wake-up call to society, and the burning book represents "burning away the standards." "Red Light" to stop.

The half make up is supposed to represent one side "beautiful" and the other "ugly," which is the reason for covering one eye. Because in society's standards, makeup covers up the so-called "ugly".

In the mannequin scene, it shows that there are wires embedded into their heads as they watch the same movie together. This represents how the media tells society that we "must" think, look and act the same way.

In the end, there is that rebellion scene, with explosions and running, showing that they are trying to fix the flaws in society. The exploding flower represents something that was originally beautiful wasn't beautiful enough and was destroyed. The people with gas masks are those that are trying not to be influenced by this rebellion.

So the message is that "no one should shape something that is already good enough and that society's standards don't matter."


    It sounded legit, eh? So logical. Although f(x) used to unique concept that differs them with other girl group, actually their previous MV was not so far from cute, colorful set that full of cheerful smile. Almost all of their MVs were about love (I didn't have any clue about La cHa tA). This theme extremely good, we need more song about society (Oh, I remember how much I love EXO MAMA).Of course love is good topic, everybody owns their love story that greatly differ each other. But sometimes I got bored with love song. Red Light was really something new to them, and it was OK for them!!

    Overall I loved this MV. Even when I got confused to the song at first, the MV had been successly hooked me. The more I played it, the more I enjoyed the song. I loved how they played with lighting, shot from different angle, and the moved from inside to the outside was so natural. Leaving us in amazing maze that wait for explanation.

That's it. God, this post was really looong, well it due to the pictures though :P
Okay, I need to study now. Byebye.............<3 <3 <3
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment