Tuesday 7 October 2014

Today's Gulp: Wonder's Mousse Cake

Annyeong annyeong!!! I wanted to wrote about cake I enjoyed weeks ago. Actually, i've made the post about week days after I ate the cake via my smartphone. It was listed as 'published post' but it didn't appear on the home. Since I felt waste if I didn't talk about it, so I made the post again. Of course it wouldn't be the same with my original post since I already forgot everything. But no worry, I have enough confidence that I still remember the taste vividly.

So,,, for u who lived in East java, especially around Semarang, Solo and Salatiga, u must be heard about 'Wonder Bakery'. It was a store which sell (of course) bread and also cake and some traditional snacks. It was famous for its cheap price with good taste and high quality of ingredients (well, I didn't know enough. But the shop looked quite trust worthy). the variety of the bread also vary, though I wasn't fan of their cake. When we need birthday cake, we usually got it from there and the taste was just so so for me. I usually bought ton of bread filled with meat, doughnut, cheese bread and other. But I never bought their sliced cake, but that day was different.

I was thinking to try out their pudding or jelly that day when my eyes caught something. They display a mousse cake!! Wow, I had been only heard that name but didn't get any chance to try that kind of cake. It was around my junior high, when I read a comic about cooking. The main character made a mousse cake. I thought that the cake must be very delicious. Everytime I visited bakery shop, I would always sought mousse cake. But I never found them, so I began to forget. Without much thinking I threw it away into my basket. Hahahaha

Orange!!! Hahaha, did I forget to mention that it was an orange cake???

Actually I didn't really like orange cake or snack or food (but for orange fruit, I adored them so much). But my curiosity won, I almost didn't notice the color. I only cared the name. But, this came to my mind at the moment I wrote this. Actually what was mousse cake?? Was it different to other cake? Why added 'mousse' on the name??? I went googling and found this definition: a rich, frothy creamy dessert made with whipped egg whites and heavy cream (thefreedictionary.com). Ohorat, my own definition was all wrong. I thought it would be about whipped cream only, no such heavy cream. And since this cake felt very light on my mouth, so I thought my definition was right.

Awww, I didn't notice what my laptop showed. That was when I watched drama "Medical Top Team"

Let's talked about the cake. When eating I tended to eat them separately. I would eat the most undelicious one and leaved the best for the last (although I often ended up too full to enjoyed it). So in reviewing this I wouldn't know how it taste if u eat them together. At the very top, they put cherry and some granules (I knew, it were too big to call it granules, but I didn't know what was that). The pink thing flavored like candy and fragile. I didn't really like that, that was too sweet for me. But the cherry! Wow, the cherry had proper sweet that made me so happy. It was also tested fresh! The first layer cake was a light cream that differed with any cake cream I ate (I usually prickly about cream's taste, so far I favor Bread talk' cream the most). Surprisingly, that cream was made my expectation. The second layer was a orange jam that had quite sharp taste, but don't worry. It wouldn't harm ur taste bud since, although it has strong flavor it leaved ur tongue pleasantly. The thir layer was the same with the first one. The last layer was the cake. It also had light taste with sweet that was so good to eat it alone and nice when u ate it together with other. When I tried to ate them together, it melt nicely on my tongue. the light taste was balanced with the strong orange jam.

Overall, I loved this cake. I was thinking to buy it again later. For u whose Wonder Bakery shop was around, try this cake and u wouldn't regret it!! He he he.

Bye bye
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment