Sunday 5 October 2014

Today's Drama: Shark/ Don't Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus Part 0 (ongoing)


Annnyeong all! Happy Sunday, First, Let me say Happy Eid Adha for Muslim all over the world. Thank u so much for people who had qurban this year. May Allah bless u and ur family always. For people who hadn't had chance to qurban this year, May Allah always bless u and give u chance next time (including me). Aamiin.

The feel to write was so explosive inside me nowdays. But, what to do? Often those feeling was defeated by my huge and great laziness. I was just lying around after my work, downloading any new episodes of dramas I even didn't bother to watch them soon after (like I did before), sleeping on almost my entire time in my room. Really, it didn't reflect me at all! This kind of laziness changed drastically. In past I prefer opened my eye all night along to download or watch dramas. Now? It looked like I prefer to sleep more, this is how ur age affected u (LOL, I'm not that old though). Then, cus I kept downloading, the main problem that soon or later would be faced by me was the matter of disk. Yup, my hard disk inside my laptop had been protest against me lately. The indikator when u opened the 'my computer' always showed red color. Means I only had a little gb left. actually having more than 2 gb in each disk was a miracle. So I began to clean up my laptop. Deleting any file that had been stored more than once. Deleting any file that I thought wouldn't be opened again on the future (with cry of course).

When I classified my file with 'new', 'under process' and 'checked', I found out a drama that had been stored for long time without being watched by me. It was Shark, a k-drama played back then in 2013 (a year ago!!!). I remembered copied it to my friend and she kept asking me to download the rest episode cuz she thought the drama was really feasible to watch. FYI, this friend of mine was quite petty to share her "good" word. Some dramas that I said really good, she would rate it with 'nothing's really outstanding'. So, heard she said that Shark had sparked her interest was quite a reason to me to download it until the last episode. But what to do? new dramas kept coming out, my favorite idols kept making comeback and new album or single kept released. So I trapped in priority to choose what to download first. With that, more than half year had been passed and Shark's rank in my priority kept forgotten.

Then the chance came. I bought new 'kartu perdana' (dunno what in english, it was a new number) for my modem that had been registered with 1 month package of internet with really cheap price (usually I needed IDR 55 for my current internet package, but this new kartu perdana was only IDR 35 with the same package). I almost purchased 2 cards, but relieved since I didn't do so. I later found out why they sold it cheaply, it was only had 2 weeks left until the it's applicable time expired. Damn, my old number still had quite a lot quote to be spent. But it was okay. Spending was always easier than saving.

So, in order to spent my new number package, I opened my old unfinished dramas that I delayed to download since I felt the newer was more fascinating. That was the factor that lead me to write about that drama now. Heol, I really wrote to much prolog for that.

I wrote 'part I' on the title since I haven't finished watched it yet. So I wanted to share what my brain thinking about the first few episodes before I finished the whole drama. K-drama (and any other drama though) tended to had different vibe when u first watched them, in the middle of episodes and last episodes. I rarely found any dramas that outshine until its last episodes. Some of them had really great start but then in the next episodes until it last, I couldn't help but felt so bored (ehem, The Heirs, ehem). Some had reverse pattern, when u couldn't get what the heck happened with the first episodes. that u hated the dramas,  then shyly admitted that it was actually quite nice ( I definitely had this kind of felt before, just forgot what drama made me that way).

 credit: to koreandrama.org
Shark poster that didn't catch my attention at all

Unlike my other past watched dramas, Shark was a story about revenge. Check what Wikipedia said about this!
Han Yi-soo (Kim Nam Gil) loses his father and narrowly escapes death because of the owners of Gaya Hotel Group, the family of Jo Hae-woo (Son Ye jin), his first love. A wealthy and influential Japanese businessman adopts him, and 12 years later he returns to Korea with a new identity and carefully plots to avenge Hae-woo's family. Hae-woo, who believed that Yi-soo was dead, becomes a prosecutor to find out the truth about what happened to him. The two become caught between love and revenge.  

Without too much chic-chat-unneeded words, let me tell u my review about this drama

The Tittle: Shark?? Eeee,,,really? The tittle didn't encourageme  enough to watch the drama. I couldn't figure out what kind of story they offered to us.
The Cast: Actually I always looked who would be in the drama first before everything. If I knew the actors, it would be highly I interested to it. By knowing the actors it would add 'plus' to the drama since I knew their acting quality,so I would anticipate the plot and enjoy it more. Although I coudln't get the tittle, since I saw Son Ye jin on the list, I checked the synopsis right away. I knew her from her drama with Lee min Ho (what was the tittle again? I forgot, sorry) and through her became guest on Running Man. I never watched Kim Nam Gil's drama before but I was sure I often heard his name.
The Plot: No No. Based on the synospsis Shark was about revenge. And seeking revenge was never a good thing. I could imagine that the story of Shark was pretty heavy, a typical drama that would make u rise ur eyebrow in ur effort to understand what was going on and why such tragedy could happened. I wasn't really a fan of that kind of drama. So i decided to not put it on my download list.
The OST: So, this factor that made me changed my decision in the end. Usually I didn't give a damn about OST. I didn't care so much about the song. I often checked whose singer sang the OST but not to pont to listen it. Risky since I could loss a good song to include to my mp3 list. The quite surprise thing on Shark was that they had BoA to sing they OST. Seriously?? As far as I remember I never heard BoA's OST before (maybe she released some but I didn't manage to listen to it). I downloaded the song (which was entittled as "Between Heaven and Hell", heol such scary) and fell in instantly. I didn't know the lyrics since I didn't understand Korean at all, but I felt so much pain while listen to it. Like a heartbroken feeling that u choked to breath and felt pain all over ur body. Thanks to BoA i decided to give Shark a try.

Well. it was quite long post eh? Actually I wanted to share about my opinion through the first 10 episodes. But thinking that it would make this post suuupeeerrr lonng, so I decided to halt it here. I'll be back to Part I. I promise

Bye bye
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment