Tuesday 14 October 2014

Today's Drama: Shark/ Don't Look Back/ The Legend of Orpheus Part I (Spoiler Alert!!) (Ongoing)

Annyeong!!!

It's holiday!!! Well, at least for me. We got a week full holiday started in the Monday before we jump into the new study. But this holiday wasn't felt like usual holiday (tough it just within these 2 days), why? Task! So many undone works before I started this holiday. So, since Sunday I was busy finishing what left. Sad news we will have test today. So, I was supposedly study right now, right? But I wanted to take short break and write the next part of my previous post. Taraaaa...........finally I watched the first 10 episodes of Shark!! (Actually I'm in the 12th episode, ke ke ke)

So, before we begin my review about this drama, I'm pretty sure that not much of u knowing what 'Orpheus' was. If I remember correctly, I even didn't find that name on the drama this far (well, the possibility was 50:50 since I skipped some scene that I thought were boring). Actually I didn't know that this drama had another tittle beside Shark. It was when I searched on google about Shark then another tittles came up.

Orpheus actually was a legendary musician, poet and prophet in ancient Greek religion. At first I thought that orpheus was a latin term of shark. but it turned out to be the name of person (tough I wasn't sure whether he was real or not). Orpheus was known to have a special ability to charm all living things, even stones with his music. He had wife named Euridice whom he tried to retrieve from underworld (did she died before him?) since he loved her so much. Although he had great ability with his music, sadly he died in hand of those who couldn't hear his divine music (a hard hearted people? Or simply just deaf people??). If u were interested to know more about Orpheus, u could read more about him from wikipedia here.
Wait, I think I remember where Orpheus name appeared. It was on ep 2 when the two main saw a drawing named "Orpheus" by Chagall. The girl said that Orpheus was her ideal man. Hm, I still couldn't connect why they put Orpheus as the tittle since as far as I watched, then main male lead wasn't resemble him at all.

Back to the drama. This drama had 20 episodes, so if u didn't stand long drama (20 was pretty much right? But I still watched it if they had interesting story line) u maybe chose to skip it. But hey, Shark was pretty good with it own complicated story that u couldn't guess anything right. I thought it would be more understandable if I wrote the review along pictures of the character. So here it is,,,

credit to: dramafever.com
Han Yi Soo (young)
(Yun Jun Suk)

He was just ordinary high schooler at first, a son of Chauffeur for Jo family who had Gaya Hotel. Due to his family situation, he and his younger sister (Han Yi Hyun) together with his father began to live with Jo family in their house (it was the same house in Heirs). The drama started with old video from past where Jo Hae Woo recorded Yi Soo. Yi Sootold Hae Woo that hee like shark out of the animal the most. He explained his reason for this and that turned out that he felt pity for shark since they needed to keep moving around despite on their sleep to make sure they survive under water. It surprised me. Fact that shark didn't have gill was pretty much known, but it never crossed my mind how tired they live would be just to able to breath. Good point! By the way, did u notice that the actor played young Yi Soo was the same with the one played Go Eun Woo, Go Eun Sung's younger brother from Brilliant Legacy?? At that time I was mesmerized by his real acting as autistic young boy.



credit to: photobucket.com
Jo Hae Woo(young)
(Kyung Soo Jin)


Actually before met Hae Woo on her house, Yi Soo had met her before when they played with their own friends. From time to time, the two got closer and triggered Hae Woo's father hated Yi Soo since he felt insecure toward their huge social gap. Hae Woo found that Yi Soo was so caring in nature and looked like they two fell each other. Alhtough they never stated loved, it was quite clear from how they worried each other. Hae Woo's father had an affair that made the young girl loss much respect to him. Due to that scandal, Hae Woo's mother left the house, made Hae Woo sank in deeper sad. The day Yi Soo's family moved to Jo family was the day Hae Woo's parents fought and that affair also known by Yi Soo's family.

The actress played young Hae Woo (Kyung Soo Jin) was shocked me. She was born on 1987 which made her and her co-star (Yun Joon Suk) had quite big age gap (Yun Joon Suk ws born on 1995). No, not hte gap that surprise me, but how well she matched high school uniform and how they looked good together, as if they were from the same line. I also found out that she was the one played as Jo In Sung's past love interest on That Winter The Wind Blows (2013) as his dead girlfriend. They were the same person but Soo Jin looked much younger in Shark. Beside, Soo Jin had really strong resemblance to adult Hae Woo (Son Ye Jin). They could pass as real sister in real life I think!

credit to: photobucket.com
Oh  Joon Young (young)
(No Young Hak

Hae Woo and Yi Soo's sunbae,  his family was pretty close to Hae Woo's family. He was known as school gangster, although that was only his way to showed his distress toward his brother's death. He showed some affection toward Hae Woo and his interest toward Yi Soo. They became closer after Joon Young saw Yi Soo protected Hae Woo from some bastard kid. He also accepted fact that his two dongsaeng were in love, typical of cool guy with warm heart. Young Oh Joon Young wasn't get much exposed like the other two young characters.

Contrary from Kyun Soo Jin, the actor, No Young Hak looked much older than his actual age. I even believed at first that the actor played young and adult Oh Joon Young was the same at first (pardon me, but both the actors weren't look familiar to me, so I got confuse for a moment). But Young Hak only 2 years older than Jun Suk.

 
credit to: dramafever.com
Han Yi Soo/ Kim Joon/ Yoshimura Jun
(Kim Nam Gil)

Yi Soo looked much more delicate here rather than his true character on Shark. He was handsome when he smiled but he sure radiated mysterious aura when used his mask. I'd said mask since naturally, Yi Soo was a good kid who had been through hard situation. In his young age he had lost his mother from cancer, years later he lost his father too. But not from some natural cause like disease, his father died in accident, moreover his father was offended as hit and run culprit and died in that status. Yi Soo who was smart found something smelly. He tried hard to prove that his father wasn't. The real hit and run culprit was actually Hae Woo's father (Jo Eui Sun) who drove while drunk. He dropped his gold watch that actually could lead the investigation to him. Unfortunately,, the detective in charge was someone with corrupt mental, he quickly learned that the culprit was the Gaya Hotel's successor. He found his own way to get some money easily and fast. At the night the hit and run accident happened, Hae Woo's grandfather (Jo Sang Gook) and also the head of Jo family, had a guest in his house. The guest was Kang Hee Soo. I wasn't sure about him, but it seemed that he was a professor from university who had research about independent day. Apparently, Kang Hee Soo found something that could lead into controversy involving the Jo's head family.

Kang Hee Soo then drove into his own apartment by Yi Soo's father. There another scene appeared. It looked that Kang Hee Soo and Yi Soo's father had dark past that forgotten by Yi Soo's father. Coming from Hee Soo's apartment, Yi Soo's father had document that Hee Soo Showed to Jo Sang Gook before. Due to his layality, he had trouble to believe what written inside, but still, he had a little doubt that made him hid the document in some locker. The locker's key was hidden in music box that he gave into Yi Hyun.

Shortly with unclear reason for me, Yi Soo's father would take the blame and responsibility for Hae Woo's trouble. Also, for unclearing reason at the last time, Yi Soo's father realized by giving his own self to police wouldn't solve his own past trouble. He went to police office to tell them about his own crime, not the hit and run accident. Stupidly, he called Jo Sang gook and told him his plan. That was what lead him to death. In front of Yi Soo he collapsed on the street due to poison injected by someone unknown.


credit to: the owner
Jo Hae Woo (Adult)
(Son Ye Jin)

Yi Soo found a witness that stated he saw a gold watch was dropped by the culprit. Too bad, the witness was a young 5 years old boy. The detective in charge of the case of course didn't take a damn to this witness.  Later Yi Hyun found a key inside her music box and gave it to her older brother. Smart Yi Soo went to the locker and read th document just to get shock after revealing the truth. Unlike his father, he seemed no trouble believing what was inside. Jo Sang Gook knew about what Yi Soo's doing and had someone tailing at him. The night Yi Soo found the document, she called Hae Woo and asked her to stay strong no matter what would ahppen (Before they fought since Yi Soo already found out who was the real culprit but he had no heart to tell Hae Woo). Blank Hae Woo knew something was wrong by hearing Yi Soo's voice. At the moment, a truck, yes A TRUCK, hit the telephone box where Yi Soo was in hardly. To tell u the truth it was hard for me to accept that someone still able to live after that accident. I was pretty sure that the truck hit Yi Soo's body scarily. Yi Soo's body had never been discovered. But many believing that he was died.

Yi Hyun then adopted by another detective (the real one, u know!) who was in charge of Kang Hee Soo's death. He knew something went wrong with his case and how that case was related in unexplainable way to Yi Soo's father death.

credit: to the owner
Oh Joon Young (adult)
(Ha Suk Jin)

12 years had passed by.Hae Woo got married, and the groom none other than her high school sunbae, Oh Joon Young. They seemedly love each other until Yi Soo appeared again on their wedding day as another person. Nobody recognized him. He had been turned into some cold hearted man. Yi Soo aka Kim Joon began his revenge. His first move was kidnapping that bad detective that investigating his father's case. What surprised me was, even I knew beforehand that the main theme of this drama was revenge, I never expected the main lead would murder someone. Yes, he did. He killed the bad detective and called Hae Woo (right at the night of her wedding) into the scene. There was a red circle on the scene drawed using that bad detective's blood. Oh oh. Murder, no matter what reason was apart of crime. Huge crime (unless u did it to defense urself). . How came this drmaa turned the main lead into cold murderer who only cared about seeking revenge?? Hm, interesting!!

credit to: photobucket.com
Cold Yi Soo

In short, it was impossible for me to retell all 10 episode, so I would give u my thought after watched the drama
The Characters
I remembered that Kim Nam Gil was the one acted on Bad Guy but I never had chance to watch that drama. To tell u the truth, I hate a man with mustache since most of them looked older than their actual age with mustache on. But it seemed that in this drama the mustache was part of the actor's life. After watching this I began to think that mustache wasn't that bad.
The character came out really strong in Shark. Not some, but all of them. No character that stand out too much. As the main, of course these three came out the most. But the role of the other was so important that I felt no useless character here.
The younger version were really good in their acting that I felt I didn't want them to grew up. But I was tore on my curiousity to know what the hell was happened here! The adult ver also had great way to express their emotion. I wanted to continuously see young Hae Woo and Yi Soo, but the adult one was threw pieces of puzzle into my head that lead me into frustation.  TOP!!!
I especially enjoyed how they made Hae Woo's grandfather looked so noble outside but actually could be more cunning than the most cunning gumiho.

The Plot
Headache. That what would u got after watched this. The line was so complicated that I needed to solve all of my real problems from my real world before I let myself faced another trouble here. When I had my head full, I restrained myself from watching since it would add another vessel appeared on my temples.
Usually, when watching drama or movie, ur head would automatically worked on guessing. Guess what would happen next, guess who was the real bad guy, guess who was the partner and the other. But this drama wouldn't let u did so. U had no clue at all why Hae Woo'sgrandfather killed all the victim. Why Giant Hotel's president saved Yi Soo and even adopted him.
I even began to questioned whether Yi Soo really the one who killed the bad detective. At first I didn't had any single doubt, but the more story went on, the more tangled the story got. Although it has complicated story but the problem they served looked so real and nothing like unnecessary scene inside.

Overall
I love this. But I advise u, if u wanted to enjoy this drama fully, make sure u had no other proble. Otherwise u would get stress urself and unable to continue If u hate problematic story, this drama wasn't made for u.

That's all for part I. It took much time than I estimated. Plus I couldn't write all that I want since I forgot about them. I even didnt write any about He Woo's family!! Also I got a little distraction from the newest drama: Naeil Cantabile which was the remake ver of Nodamae Cantabile. Ugh, I had tons video to watch but I kept add the new one. See ya on part II!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment