Sunday 21 December 2014

between my work: a little escape before war, My Must Watch Drama

Annyeong. Hello there. It's been a while since my last post. I was buried, once again, into my laziness that kept getting worse by the time. When I have nothing to do (read: any task or obligation or for simple, homework) I would sit prettily in front of my laptop watching dramas or just playing around the internet.

My current class didn't require much task like my past had. Well it didn't mean I had less thing to learn, but no task, no obligation. Actually I have presentation this morning. But I've delayed many things too long. So I decided to grit my teeth and make the post.

I love to watch dramas, mostly K-Drama, but sometimes I also indulged in J-Drama and very rare I found myself enjoying Western series. Today I would like to share my current must watch drama. Check this out since they are all so good!! I didn't organize them in order. I couldn't decide which one is better.

credit to: the owner

1. Pinocchio
Great!!! I was left in awe when I first watched the first 2 episodes. I didn't expect much from this drama at first. Truthfully I had no interest at all initially. Pinocchio?? What the hell? Did they tend to remake fairytale too now? That what was crossed my mind when I read the tittle. Then they announced the lead female would be Park Shin Hye. No offense, but all of her drama that I watched before, it ALWAYS had great start then getting plain in the middle and end with bunch of bored stuff. I told to myself not to get this drama since it would only waste my time. Then they confirmed Lee Jong Suk as the male lead. I lost my grip. I watched all of his dramas. School 2013 was daebak (they wrote like that) but for me it was just another boring high school drama. Doctor Stranger was okay but I'm not really fan of it (I prefer Kang So Ra over Jin Se Yeon sorry Se Yeon fans XP)). It was I Hear Ur Voice that hooked me into Lee Jong Suk.The drama that made me couldn't help at all but to get curious with all of his dramas. I'm happy I choose to give Pinocchio  a try.

This drama offering really interesting story from its very start. They started with some stories from the past that getting nice cut to be showed with the present. They served really well portion from the main's childhood, teens and current situation. I always weak with family's story, and Pinocchio had it. Actually they have it all, family's conflict, love's conflict and how difficult u to live in this world. I especially love the episode when Dal Po (Ki Ha Myung aka Lee Jong Suk) met his older brother Ki Jae Myung. My friend and I sacrificed so much of our tears during this last two episode airing (11 and 12). Huwweeeee ;(

As for Par Shin Hye, gosh! She did pretty well here! I'm not saying that her acting was bad or what, but her past project was too plain. no, not the storyline but her character there. In this Phinocchio she was able to escape from those boring-character-jail and built up a new, strong yet cute character of Choi In Ha really well. Nice try Shin Hye-sshi!!

credit to: the owner

2. Healer
Pam paraaaaaaam. My another unpredicting list. I didn't intended to watch this new freshly baked drama. Really, I knew who the hero and heroine were. But, seeing Park Min Young from above poster just, in some undescribe reason, made me lost my feel to watch it. I needed to see the poster twice to ensure my eye that it was indeed Par Min oung on the poster not another actress. Yeah, I knew, it was only her hairstyle that changed, but it changed her entire face!! Well, it was stupid to not watch drama just because u felt strange with the actress face. I let this drama on my unsure list for like 3-4 days until I run out new episode to watch then I decided to watch their first 2 episodes that, like my other watching drama, I was glad I did!!

The story reminded me too much with Park Min Young's drama before with Lee Min Ho (who was also her ex): City Hunter. This drama also offering some cool action scene from the very handsome Ji Chang Wook who (he might not as tall as Lee Min Ho, but as hot as he is!) has showed great acting from his previous project. Park Min Young also portrayed as lost child on both. But no fear gals, the storyline was totally different. It's all about a sophisticated hot courier (Seo Jung Hoo aka Ji Chang Wook) who would do any work except killing to gain money and noisy yet funny internet reporter (Chae Young Shin aka Park Min Young) who dreamt to be a great journalist as like her idol (Kim Mon Hoo aka Yoo Ji Tae)
.
Healer offering more complicated story than Pinocchio (my purely opinion). My friends usually asking me to get them the synopsis from the dramas before deciding to watch them, but I find it hard to describe this Healer (or maybe I just dumb? LOL). From the very first they already showed us tangled scene. From mysterious 'healer' guy to any random 1980 scene that kept confusing me (it turned out to be story about (Chae Young Shin's real parents and child Kim Mon Hoo). U know the funny thing? On ep 3 and 4, they released the subtitle reaaaaly late. I was having hard time on my chair waiting for the sub. I even challenged myself by watching it non-sub. And I learned one interesting point: my understanding toward korean wasn't as bad as I thought! Hahahahaha.

credit to: the owner

3. Once Upon A Time Season 02
Hm. Interesting. Very interesting. On this list, this serial is the only one that didn't come from Asia. And I'd told u one more secret, this was my second west series that I enjoyed (the first one was Doctor House). Years ago my friend gave me Once Upon A Time Season 01 that left me in amaze due to great visualization, nice act and unbelievably superb script! Yeah, it was that good that I even came out with screaming at the end after knowing that there was another season for this. I hate long stories, but for this one, I think I wouldn't mind at all. 

Before bringing u into this season 02 it would be nice if I shared some points about season 01 first. So, do u know fairy tale? Hump, I doubt any of u who doesn't since, hey, even a girl like me knowing about it!. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, etc etc (thanks to my chairmate on my elementary days, she showed me her books about it!). Most of them was ended happily, the princess got her prince, the evil was defeated and the good would always stand last. But on Once Upon A Time everything was different. All of ur fairy tale didn't tell u the truth. Any magic the hero or heroin used always came with price. Nothing free in the world babe, not even in the fairy tale (interesting enough, huh?). 

So all of the fairy tale character u've ever known, yes. ALL OF THEM was brought into our world, where no magic could be find. It was a curse since nobody remember who they really are, nobody except the evil queen and the mysterious yet charming (what DID I say???) guy: Rumplestilskin. The evil queen adopted son realized this situation (he read the fairy tale book, no, not the one that we had) and found out that the people on Storyrooke was too similar with people on the book. He believed the curse and started a way to find a person who could break this curse: Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter who also, his real mother.

Shortly, the kid successfully found that woman and brought her to Storybrooke. They went to difficult path to believe and fight the evil. The curse finally broken and people realized who they are. But Rumplestilskin brought the magic back to this world and the season 01 finished. Annoyed right? I screamed and rushly searched for this season 02. It was hard, and after I finally able to get it, the size of the file was too large. It was around 300 mb for each episode! I tried another link but couldn't find any smaller size. Hiks. It would rob me! I disciplined myself that I would only downloaded 1 episode per day that way my internet could survive longer. But currently i broke my own rule and download 2 episode for this past 2 days (blame my unpatient). I'm currently on 8th episode babe.

credit to: the owner

4. Itazura Na Kiss: Love in Tokyo 2
Yeah, this was a remake from Itazura Na Kiss, japan drama aired during my elementary school days and took my school in storm. Sadly I wasn't able to watch it at the time since my parent didn't permit me to watch any love-love drama at that time. Kekekekeke. I fell for the Love in Tokyo 1 which was full drama. Well I knew 1 thing for sure, Irie Naoki was the hardest to understand male lead from all dramas that I've ever watched. Seriously this guy was too persistent and stubborn!!!

What I adore from this drama was their great make up artist skill! The guy and the girl from the poster are differ 10 years apart! Yes! That guy was older than me and the girl was born on 1997 but they face didn't show it at all!! When in high school, Kotoko showed bubbly and cute high schooler's charm, when she got into college, hmmmmm her face had matured enough to convince people that she was older than me (no? Okay). And then she got married and her style became more mature yet still cute. I hardly believe that they used the same actress for this. Ckckckckck. 

I'm currently loss some of my excitement due to the late ep 3 that didn't air last week. But I hope this one as good as the Love in Tokyo 1.


How is it? Is there any of them that u're watching currently? Let me know ur opinion! And if u couldn't choose what to watch from current airing drama, I hope this post could help. 

See ya! I have test tomorrow but I didn't even touch my book! Hahahaha, what a bad!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment