Sunday 16 November 2014

Today's Drama: Birth of Beauty/ 미녀의 탄생 / Minyeoui Tansaeng Part I (Spoiler Alert!!) (Ongoing)

Annyeong people.
I know that in my previous post I told u that I was in the middle of crazy schedule. I know that writing new post was kind of loony act. I know that spared some times to watch drama in my current situation was totally surprising. But hey, I'm in my way to reach what people called 'peak of bored', tired of every presentations, tests and my usual daily activities. I even got sleep deprived in which I got sleepy around 7-8 PM already and woke up around 23-24 PM. This changing made me loss almost half of my energy around 11-12 AM.

So I need some runaway. Days ago I was watching the newest ep of Running Man. The guests were the cast of "Birth of Beauty", SBS newest weekend drama. I've heard about that drama since the cast was announced. Ji Sang Wook, man. I knew him. He was on Good Doctor and acted as professor (kyyaaahhhhh, if only any young professor like him around me. All of my professors are grandpas XP, no complain though) and I loved him on that. Next he acted as lead on Cunning Single Lady together with Lee Min Jung (gosh! She's so pretty!!!) as a founder of free chat application. On CSL, his character was totally different with GD, he was playing cold CEO that still had weak heart as before.He also came to Running Man twice before and I should admit it, he's so funny and strange :D. Back to our newest drama, the female lead is Han Ye Seul. I didn't watch many of her dramas, only Myung Wol The Spy. Hum, to tell the truth I even didn't watch it to the end, only first few episodes since I got bored with the story. In Running Man she did quite many aegyo (no comment about that) and showed us her determinant side to win the game no matter what to take (watch Running Man 219 and u will find her crazy facial pose that made me ROFL).

 Let's take a look onto SBS newest drama!!!


This scene quite shocked me. No no, nothing particular actually, but, did u see Han Ye Seul's heels?? Damn! It was high!!!! OMG!! I worried about her ankle the moment I saw this. This cut was from the beginning scene. So the drama was opened with news about plastic surgery. they told us that SK's plastic surgery technology had been made many people around the world to come there to had their faces done. Actually I worried about this, I mean K-Drama was quite popular. Was it okay to have that kind of scene appeared? It was like u acknowledge that most korean people had been on the table to get what they called better appearance. While most of the celebrities there tried so hard to tell the world that they were real beauty, natural beauty and blah blah blah. I myself have mixed feeling about plastic surgery. I believed that real reason scientist developed plastic surgery was to help people who had real problems. By real problems here it was people who got severely distorted face due to severe trauma and congenital defect. Not to satisfy people who find theirselves unperfect. Nobody's perfect anyway. Okay, back to drama. Based on synopsis I read before the ep 1 released, this told story about a woman who reborn as amazingly beauty under some circumstances. Han Ye Seul, of course would play the female lead and Ji Sang Wook would play as plastic surgeon ('he had been doctor before, it couldn't be any difficult' That was I though first).

A taxy run in one of Seoul's road, inside there was Ye Seul. She looked really surprised by the street and told the driver that she was an announcer and just returned from USA to work with new channel HBS. She decided to stop before reaching her actual destination to walk around the street that mesmerized her so much.


See? Her foots were completely up! That heels almost half long of her legs! U better had some message later on unnie!


On outdoor cafe, there was bunch of gals talkinga bout what to fix next on their body part to make them more beautiful. To tell u the truth, could they really going all out like that after having surgery? Didn't they need to take some rest rather than hang out like that? Plus, after under knife (doesn't matter what kind of surgery u had) ur body would swollen so much. That girls didn't. Well, okay we could have another theory. the girls had passed their critical moment and hence their swollen had also gone. But, if that was the case, would they still need those bandages?? As far as I knew, bandage was to prevent ur wound got infection from outer and to help the stitch to stay still. That girls were looked perfectly okay, so I thought they wouldn't need any bandage over their faces (they even had their make up on!). Gosh, I need to relaxed! It just a drama afterall, the crew might want us to know that the girls on the street had been under knife.

The girls had their jaws dropped when one of them point Ye Seul who walked lightly from fram. They captured by her her unbelievable beauty


Hm, it wasn't like I couldn't understand them. I'm girl but I love any beautiful things (whether it was pretty girls or handsome guy), but....don't u think their reaction was too much. A bit of exaggeration. Rather than seeing pretty girls, their expression was more like seeing an alien. They couldn't even take their eyes out of Han Ye Seul away. I mean, come on, no matter how pretty people I see, I wouldn't frankly showed it in front of others. And I believe many people would do so. Or maybe people in SK find them okay?

 

Han Ye Seul walked confidently, could it be she didn't realized all stares or she just enjoyed all of the attention??


Hahahahaha, poor man. They didn't even care when water splashed to their friend. This admiration even more severe than that plastic surgery gals, he pointed his fingers! Whoops


I remembered this place! It was location where Running Man had their race before! Ha ha ha. I surprised to see Han Ye Seul didn't really look gigantic despite wearing those scary heels.


Another rude man showed his reaction with finger. I doubt I would ever find this scene in real life. My friends would make ruckus when see pretty, but they would'n make it too obvious like this. Meh


Yes yes yes, Ye Seul unnie was very pretty. I agreed. But unnie, did pretty people would normally smile widely like that when they're walking?


Even soldiers made their way for unnie, this kind of admiration still considered normal. They've been on camp with all-male afterall, so seeing goddess and couldn't hide their expression was just okay.


Did u see many people gathered behind unnie's back?? Typical of dramas, they used so many people to made crowd at the opening of drama to showed audience that something big rally exist and then those spectators disappeared with the more episodes (e.g My girlfriend is gumiho, remember how males drolled over Miho?? Minho became 'normal' girl after that without any annoying boys  turned their neck). We will see whether this beauty kept make boys went crazy ><


Unnie!! Come to ur sense now!!! Look what u did to people behind u!!!


Where did the heck that butterfly come?? Ah, yes. CG. 


That butterfly looked so real!


Han Ye Seul decided to went into a cafe. She just sat when the part timers boy urgely gave her food. being beauty is surely advantagious! She just barely sitting, even before ordering anything!!

A fortune teller on the pict seemed to have interview when he shocked by Ye Seu'ls face. He forgot his own interview and came to Ye Seul to study her face more.


He asked Ye Seul whether she was a celebrity and the girl answered it. Gosh, it was indoor conversation but look at the next scene!


Those crowd outside listen to thier conversation!! Did it make sense???








This poor was actually woman Geum Ran herself. No, I didn't call her poor because she was fat (that's the truth) but because people looked her down so much and showed it to her. I applaused her cheerful smile despite people treated her badly. On the last pict, when she fell on bus as the driver suddenly hit the brake, people had pitiful expression on their face, but Geum Ran acted as nothing happened and still smiled. If that was me, I could stare back at those people and started yelling to ask the driver stopping the bus. Not to mention how her sisters in law slyly smiled at her. They were so bad to the point I wanted to smack their face (relax, it was only drama)


Current Geum Ran watched the old Geum Ran's story from TV that showed audience the harsh life of some people who didn't really good looking. Seriously, Korea had the real tv show that offering 'ugly people' a chance to change their appearance. People there seemed really appreciate beautiful girl and handsome boy. 
Back to the drama, sadly Geum Ran didn't win the chance to make her slimmer, furiously our current Geum Ran asked tv crew why they didn't let that poor fat woman had her change (don't ask me why she could contact the producer). Current Geum Rand found out that the fat woman was withdrawn from the contest so they had no choice but let another contestant win.


The story came back and front. Geum Ran's husband who worked in USA had came back although he didn't contact his wife, but Geum Ran managed to know it and happily came to hotel where he stayed only to find out her husband's affair with another woman who was slim and beautiful. 


Geum Ran met that woman and asked her nicely to leave her husband. But, what a world. She asked Geum Ran whether she knew her appearance of herself that was ugly. Both women made ruckus in that cafe, Chae Yun (that woman's name) slipped on her high hells and blamed Geum Ran for it. People on the cafe wasn't at help at all since they were all believed the pretty woman instead of the scary fat woman.



Geum Ran's husband finally appeared in front of her by telling Chae Yun's manager "yes, she is my wife" let Geum Rand felt happy (how innocent!!!) Sadly, he also came to tell her that he was going to end their marriage. U should watch how good the actress's acting was! I could feel her disbelieve and pain though her expression. She loved her husband so much to the point she could endure people's stare at her. Instead of blamed her husband's adultery, she said that she would fix any bad thing inside her so her husband wouldn't leave her. 
 
Geum Ran finally realized how lonely she was. It seemed like nobody in this world actually cared about her.

I knew some of my words above were quite harsh, but I like this drama not to the point I couldn't wait for another next episode though. From first two episodes it were so good that I couldn't guess how this drama will lead. Sadly the next two episodes (3 and 4) were quite boring. Geum Ran finally realized that the poor woman in tv was actually herself. She got amnesia due to anaesthetic's used for prolonge time during her plastic surgery. It was Han Tae Hee (Ji Sang Wook) who helped her out since he loved Chae Yun. They teamed up to thwart Geum Ran's husband & Chae Yun's wedding. Geum Ran was reborn and named herself "Sara".

If only the story in this drama revolved around Sara's problem, I would left it without watching it since it was too plain. But I relieved that Han Tae Hee had his own mysterious past that he was actually grandson from really huge company who hid himself after his father death. I just finished the 5th episode and it was exceed my expectation! This drama still worth to watch!

That's all, I need tto study since I will have my last exam the day after tomorrow.

See ya!

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment