Wednesday 9 July 2014

between my work: Short Story about My Last Exam

      Hai hai hai. Again, another between my work post. Ck ck ck ck, it looked like I quite busy, eh? But it didn't that packed (my schedule I mean) actually. It just too many things to do (ehem, student, ehem).

      Before writing my post, let me tell u my story from my previous post (Today's MV: f(x) Red Light). I told u that I would have my test the day after tomorrow I wrote it right? Nah, soon after I finished my post, it was already past midnight (dunno why it took so much time just to write it). My head was so fuss, I wasn't study yet for next day test and my eyes complained. Said that they needed rest (read: I was sleepy T___T). Okay then, my final decision was to sleep for a while. Only SHORT sleep. I slept with phone on my hand, hoped it would wake me up since I set the alarm with vibrate mode on. Thanks God, I could woke though my eyes were so heavy.

      Then I studied about case that I THOUGHT would be the material for my test. Simple, only one case. It was about congenital heart disease, my friend told me that there was 1 patient that looked have those CHD since he heard murmur (an additional sound heard beside the normal heart sound when u put ur stetoscope). I was so positive, really sure that this would be made into case by my teacher. Limited time made me only studying those 1 case. Confidently I came to the patient in the morning, ready to checked him by myself (I didn't touch this patient before, so this was the first time I met him). Guess what? I found trouble here.
  1. The kid was so incooperative. Everytime I got close to him, he would cry loudly. Oh boy, I didn't bring any needle u know? Every moments our eyes met, he would gone mad. Ugh, this was one of challange to have kid as patient
  2. My friends didn't hear any additional sound like he heard before! Damn, I just hoped the they couldn't hear it since the kid kept shouting and crying
  3. I also didn't hear it! Noooooo!!!!! Ignoring the kid hard effort to extruding me, I kept my stetoscope on his chest. Tried so hard to listen, ready to catch any abnormal sound. Nothing. I was so dead.
  4. It would be okay if this kid didn't have any heart problem, I would be also as glad as his parents (who would be happy facing sick people anyway?). But this patient had been hospitalized couple of days, and since he got nothing wrong I was highly suspected that he would be discharge soon after my teacher paid his visit that day (I was right! He had been discharge)
     Sya la la la....I only could sing now.In rush, I ran over my laptop and tried so hard to read as many as possible about other disease. The suspected CHD? forget it. I was 80% positive that my teacher wouldn't let me take that case. How was the mechanism of this test?
    First, we would suggest a case. Approved. Then doing some anamnesisand physical examination, then find some diagnosis. this whole process would be judged and the poin would be added. I was right. My case was thought too simple to be a case for an exam, so he gave me other case instead. What kind?? It was about neonatal (0 day-28 days old baby), he asked me to take low birth weight infant that currently in perinatology room, That's all. My story ended. No physical examination, nor anamnesis, how did u expect me having chit chat with a newly born baby? Then I need to write down everything about this baby, story from her delivery, family history, how were her condition during hospitality, my diagnosis and my plan to treat her. The deadline was today. And I didn't even touch it. Well, I'm planning to finished it soon though. So, bye bye...........
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment